Cookies are small text files that can be saved on your computer when visiting websites.
2. What are cookies?
A text file stores information, such as your language preference for a website. When you visit the website again, this cookie is sent to the website again. That way the website recognises your browser and can remember your language preference, for example.
Cookies also usually have an expiry date. Some cookies, for example, are automatically deleted when you close your browser (so-called session cookies), while others remain on your computer for a longer period of time, sometimes even until you delete them manually (so-called permanent cookies).
UCLL uses the types of cookies on https://www.climateracy.eu/:
- essential cookies;
- functional cookies;
- analytical cookies.
UCLL uses essential and functional cookies to manage the content of its website. These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of this website. You cannot refuse these cookies if you want to visit our website.
UCLL also uses Matomo Analytics for analytical purposes. This analysis tool places cookies which we use to measure website visits (traffic). This tells us, among other things, how many times a particular page is read. We only use this information to improve the content of our website or as a starting point for a new campaign on a particular subject of interest.
This analysis tool is installed on our own servers. They are therefore “first party” cookies. This means that we have full control over the information collected by these cookies. No data is sent to a third party. Consequently, we can guarantee that this information will not be used for other purposes.
These cookies are necessary for purely technical reasons for a normal visit to the website. Given the technical necessity, only an information obligation applies, and these cookies are set as soon as you visit the website.
Purpose: basic service
You may not refuse these cookies if you wish to browse our website but they will only be placed after a choice has been made regarding the placement of cookies. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. For example, you do not have to keep entering the same data when visiting our website and your data will, for example, remain visible on the screen until you have submitted the contact form.
Purpose: basic service
We use these cookies, among other things, to know how many times a particular page is read. We only use this information to improve the content of our website. These cookies are only placed after you have given your consent.
Sharing dataSharing of data is pending investigation.
The information on the cookies used on this website was obtained from the website https://cookiedatabase.org/.
5. Your rights in relation to personal data
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what happens to it and how long it is kept.
- Right to access: you have the right to access your personal data held by us.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to complete, correct, delete or block your personal data whenever you want.
- If you permit us to process your data, you have the right to withdraw that permission and have your personal data deleted.
- Right to transfer of your data: you have the right to request the transfer of all your personal data from the controller to another controller.
- Right to object: you can object to the processing of your data. We will comply with this, unless there are legitimate grounds for processing.
6. Contact details
UC Limburg vzw
Agoralaan Gebouw B bus 4, 3590 Diepenbeek, Belgium