0.1.5 How to use the OOC and Teacher Community
The OOC consists of 7 modules as follows:
- Module 0 – Introduction to the course and teacher community
- Module 1 – Introduction to climate change
- Module 2 – Ecological Footprint
- Module 3 – Sustainable Transport
- Module 4 – Energy/efficiency
- Module 5 – Responsible consumption
- Module 6 – Sustainable Food
The primary goal of module 0 is to give educators a general understanding of what approaches are effective and support learning about climate change.
The primary goals of module 1 and 2 are to:
- introduce what climate change is and why climate science matters;
- understand how climate change affects students’ everyday life and their community (incl. their nation, Europe and the world) and how we affect climate through our behaviour.
The primary goals of modules 3-6 are to:
- enhance one’s understanding of specific topics’ (e.g. food, energy) relation to climate change;
- help teachers and students take action to combat climate change through these topics, e.g. organising a collaborative project on energy-saving in their school.
Now you are aware of the basic content and the learning goals of the OOC and the TC. Let’s move on to the next topic!