Welcome to Module 5 of your Open Online Course!
This module has been designed to develop teachers’ competences to teach climate literacy, with particular emphasis on the impact of overconsumption on climate change and inspire them to become more responsible (sustainable) consumers.
- The first part of the module gives a brief introduction to the topic by explaining the variety of reasons why people buy.
- In the second part of the module, learners will learn the concept of responsible consumption by analysing its impact on climate change.
- The third part of this module will inspire the learners to act for climate change by gaining responsible consumer behaviours.
The topics in this module will be presented in various online activities such as videos, quizzes, etc.
This module will also provide suggestions for learning activities that not only shed light on why we buy, but also stimulate consideration of alternatives that can lead to more sustainable consumption.
Learning objectives & outcomes
By the end of this module, participants will:
- demonstrate an understanding of the problem of (over) consumption and the idea of limitless growth.
- reflect on their own consumer behavior and come up with ideas for alternative behaviors to meet their needs (for example- utilising the sharing economy sharing instead of buying.
- recognize the political structures and economic interests that lie behind our consumption culture. And become capable of acting in the sense of a free and self-chosen way of life.